The pictures of the village of Brighstone lies three quarters of a mile away, and there are:
- 2 Churches
- Pub "The Three Bishops"
- Tea room
- Doctors Surgery
- Grocery shop
- Hair Dresser
- National Trust shop
- Post Office.
The Brighstone Forest is approx 2 miles away, and there are some spectacular views around the Island high up on the Downs. Brighstone and its near neighbour; Brook, lie on the sunny side of the chalk downs that march east-west across the centre of the Island.
Brighstone has an interesting church, a good pub and a very pleasant tea garden. The outstanding building in the village is, of course, the Church which dates back to 1190. The church is visable from pretty much any where in Brighstone and is the villages main proud feauture.
Smuggling was one of the main "occupations" of the past, mainly brandy, which was brought across the Channel from the Cherbourg Peninsula in great secrecy, and smuggled ashore in sealed tubs and hidden under cottage floors and in hay ricks to avoid discovery by the Revenue men. (more history information can be found out on the farm history page)