The Monks.. At Quarr Abbey (Nr. Ryde) were once given the plot of land, known as the land of Sheat or Sete, with Grange Farm on in the early 15th century. In 1628.. King Charles 1st sold the land as part of Arreton Manor to the City of London and it subsequently followed the descent of Arreton. Since then.. Grange Farm has belonged to many people but the estate has gradually reduced in size due to acres being sold off separately and land has been lost to the sea.
Brighstone Lifeboat Station, Grange Chine 1939
Lifeboats… A lifeboat station was built at Grange Chine in 1860. The first lifeboat stationed here was called the Rescue. The lifeboat station closed in 1915 due to improved technologies. Between the two world wars... The lifeboat station served as a beach café until an explosive bomb early in the Second World War demolished it.